School code of conduct
Every student in SRI AUROBINDO PUBLIC SCHOOL is expected to abide by a code of conduct which is as
- 1. Learners are expected at all times to behave in a courteous and considerate manner towards
each other, all members of staff and visitors to the school.
- 2. The student will help in maintaining a congenial environment and considerate manner
facilitating learning process and ensuring discipline. This means being punctual, having
everything we need for our lessons, following instruction, working hard and ensuring that classes
are held in an orderly fashion.
- 3. The student will move in a disciplined manner in the school premises, so as to maintain
the school decorum.
- 4. The students are expected to speak in English. The student will speak politely and use of
offensive language is strictly prohibited.
- 5. No student has the right at any time to behave in a manner that will disrupt the learning
activity of any other learner, or will cause another learner physical or emotional harm.
- 6. The student will keep the school neat and tidy, so that visitors feel happy. This means
putting all litter in bins, keeping walls and furniture clean and undamaged and taking care of
the school property.
- 7. The student has the right to freedom from bullying and responsibility not to bully.
The student will always be dressed correctly and smartly in the school uniform.
- 8. The student will remember that the school’s reputation depends on the way he behaves.
- 9. The school will contact parents/guardians when leaner’s behavior becomes a cause of concern
and will endeavor, in a spirit of constructive partnership, to resolve the problem.
- 10. Language that is seen as fowl, discriminatory or racist is prohibited.
Students must maintain the required norms of discipline and the above stated code of conduct.
No student can leave the school premises without the prior permission on the parent through
diary which will be signed by class teacher and countersigned by the principal on the prescribed
format i.e. gate Pass
No student is allowed to leave the class without permission of the teacher and without the
class pass. Loitering and gossiping in the school corridor will be viewed seriously.
The parents must report to the school office about any change in address/ phone number through a
written application by the parent.
The parents/guardians will be bound by school rules as amended from time to time.
No student is allowed to enter the school premises without the school uniform (except on his/her
Students are not allowed to keep cash except if the teacher permits. Any money sent to school
should be sent in an envelope and with name of the child, class, amount, sign of parent. Unauthorized
money found with the student without any reasonable explanation will be confiscated and credited to
the ‘Student welfare fund’.
Students are not permitted to wear any jewellery in school. Wearing nail paint, henna, using
hair gel, coloring /streaking of hair, fancy hair clips/bands etc. are not allowed.
Boys should have short hair with crew cut. Girls with short hair should wear school bands and
those with long hair should tie them up in a plaits. Sikh boys will wear the turban of school
Students are prohibited from bringing mobile phones, head phones, pen drives CDs or any other
electronic gadget to school. Any student caught defying the rule, proper action will be taken.
The student is not permitted to possess any vulgar reading/viewing material. He/she is not allowed
to view any obscene website/Face book/E-mail on Internet in the
Computer Lab. No personal CDs' or pen drives are allowed to be brought to school.
Students are not allowed to receive any visitors/ make phone calls during school hours
except during emergency.
All belongings of the child should be labeled so that they may be returned if lost/ misplaced.
All articles not claimed are given to a charitable institution during the summer and winter
1. This includes violation of any code of conduct/school rules.
2. Upto two verbal warnings and 1 written warning will be given on the discretion of the
The parents will be informed about every warning. There can be suspension/ rustication
in case the warnings are not viewed seriously by parents/ students.
- * Students are expected to behave in a responsible manner in the library. Anyone guilty of
disobedience to the Librarian or disorderly conduct render himself/ herself liable to suspension
from the use of Library.
- * Students are allowed to get books issued from the Library for a period of 1 week.
- * Students can get only 1 book issued in a week.
- * In case any child finds a book torn or its pages missing he/ she will bring it to the notice of
the librarian immediately before getting it issued. At the time of return, if any book is found
disfigured or damaged, the borrower shall be held responsible.
- * The student will be required to return the book in time i.e. within seven days.
- * Reference books and magazines are only for reading in the library and will not be issued.
No student may be taken out of the school premises without the written permission of the
Leave of absence is not granted except for serious reasons and only on a previous written
application of parents or guardians. A fine of Rs. 5/- per day will be charged, for absence without
leave on regular working days.
Absence without leave for weddings, feasts, etc is not accepted.
Guide-lines for the Parents
- Parents/ guardians are not permitted to walk into the classroom or meet the teacher during class
hours without permission of the Principal. Appointment to meet the Principal can be obtained through
the medium of diary or telephone as per timings given below.
- The VISITING HOURS on school working days are as follows:
- The Principal By prior appointment on 11:00 am to 1:00 p.m.
- The teachers By prior appointment through school diary
- • Office visiting hours 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- • Parents are requested to attend PTMs regularly and on time. The school shall not be responsible
for any information missed during the meetings.
- • While the school management has put to use the best possible measures for safety and security
of students, yet there is a possibility that children may in some cases behave in a manner unexpected
of them. In such cases, the parents will have to take the responsibility of regular counseling of
their wards to strictly adhere to safety rules.
- • In case of any medical emergency during school hours, parents will be informed. if there is any
delay in the parent coming to school, the child will be taken to the nearby clinic and first aid
will be provided.
- • Students who have any infectious disease will not be allowed to attend the school
unless they bring a doctor's certificate stating that the period of quarantine is over.
- • All personal letters and correspondence addressed to the pupils are subject to scrutiny by the
- • No extra tuition inside or outside the school premises by the school staff is allowed without
- • No student is allowed to commute to/ from school in private vehicles. School does take any
responsibility of any private transport.
- • The school reserves the decision to fix the drop/pickup points and parents may choc - the
convenient pickup/drop points.
- • The child will be handed over to the parent only at the bus stop In case, the Pare; fails to
reach in time, the child will be brought back to school and the parent will hi) ; to collect the
child from the school only.
- • The child will not be handed over to any other person except the Parent/guardian. case of any
emergency, a letter of authority duly signed by the parents should provided.